If I start over, will my accounts redownload tractions?

My financial situation and account have changed so I need to start over. I know from other threads I can change name of the old file to save it and create a new file to start from beginning. However, if I do that will my account redownload transactions that were downloaded for the old file? I need to do that to start from January this year. My concern is there is a built in fail safe that prevents that in order to prevent duplicate downloads. In my case I want to start all over from scratch. Can someone confirm the real situation?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The imported transaction FITID's are maintained by account register in a data file.

When we create a new account register in a data file, Quicken will present all of the imported transactions.

Note:  The financial institution determines the date range of the transactions available for import.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160091/faq-download-old-transactions
  • foxy
    foxy Member
    quicken missed a whack of transactions downloading, can i redownload transactions again without it duplicating them
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    foxy said:
    quicken missed a whack of transactions downloading, can i redownload transactions again without it duplicating them
    As long as you're importing the transactions into the same register and the FITIDs of the previously imported transactions have not changed, Quicken will not present the imported transactions again.
This discussion has been closed.