I'm having an issue creating renaming rules for some payees. (Q Mac)

Options
cdossel
cdossel Member ✭✭
Some payees have a date code in front of their names, for example a purchase on December 23 would come up as "1223PAYEENAME" on my account payee column. When I try creating a renane rule for PAYEENAME to change to Payee Name, it doesn't recognize the payee because of the four numbers ahead of the name. Is there a work around for this, like ####PAYEENAME or ****PAYEENAME?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It should work if you set the renaming rule to

If Statement Name contains PAYEENAME
    Set Payee Name to PAYEENAME

(You shouldn't need any wildcard character, because the search condition is "contains".)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cdossel
    cdossel Member ✭✭
    Options
    That's the thing. I have IF conditions set to "Statement Name contains" but if I put in PAYEENAME then "Apply rule to existing transactions" the only instances which show up are the one where PAYEENAME stands alone and not the ones with the date code appended to the name EG: 1223PAYEENAME.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which bank is sending these weird Payee Names?
    Contact their upper management and ask them to send proper Payee Names
    either with a blank between date and Payee Name (0210 PAYEENAME ...)
    or without the date (it's superfluous)
  • cdossel
    cdossel Member ✭✭
    Options
    My guess is that's not likely to happen.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What happens if your search term is just PILATES or AMZ or MKTP? Looking at your example, these are all surrounded by spaces, and I'm wondering if that's key. I was under the impression that searches for "contains" would find any combination of those letters, but I'm curious if it's more finicky than that.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.