How to access add year to date to paycheck after initial setup?

Options
Hi all,. I spent hours setting up my pay check info in tax center trying to get all of the categories correct. When I clicked Done, it popped up asking if I wanted to add year to date amounts which I need to do. However, it was late and I closed out and now I can't figure out how to get back to that point to enter the year to date amounts to the paycheck that was setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @riggz609 - I don't know of any way to edit the income reminder to add that YTD information.  Quicken uses that info to feed into Tax Planner and Tax Reports and if you plan to later export tax related data into TurboTax.  You could go into Tax Planner and add adjustments for the YTD data but that will not feed into the Tax Reports nor will it be included in tax data to be exported to TurboTax.
    I think the easiest way for you to enter the YTD data so it is fully comprehended by Quicken is to set up an additional 1X paycheck via the Paycheck Wizard. 
    • Backup your file, first, in case something goes wrong.
    • Enter the YTD numbers for each category. 
    • After the reminder is setup you can enter the reminder.
    • If you go this route you will want to check your account balances (checking, savings, retirement, etc.) to see what adjustments will need to be made to get those accounts back into balance.
    The other way you can go is to delete your current paycheck reminder and start over.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @riggz609 - I don't know of any way to edit the income reminder to add that YTD information.  Quicken uses that info to feed into Tax Planner and Tax Reports and if you plan to later export tax related data into TurboTax.  You could go into Tax Planner and add adjustments for the YTD data but that will not feed into the Tax Reports nor will it be included in tax data to be exported to TurboTax.
    I think the easiest way for you to enter the YTD data so it is fully comprehended by Quicken is to set up an additional 1X paycheck via the Paycheck Wizard. 
    • Backup your file, first, in case something goes wrong.
    • Enter the YTD numbers for each category. 
    • After the reminder is setup you can enter the reminder.
    • If you go this route you will want to check your account balances (checking, savings, retirement, etc.) to see what adjustments will need to be made to get those accounts back into balance.
    The other way you can go is to delete your current paycheck reminder and start over.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.