Is there a way to edit each instance in 2019 Quicken Bills and Income like 2017 Bill Reminder?

Bills such as utilities fluctuate each month and require more than a "mark as paid" option. Is there a setting where I can edit the correct amount, date and check number and not have to click mark as paid and go to account and search to edit transaction?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, you still can:

If you double click on the reminder, you will see the same familiar options as 2017, but now below the transaction:

Click on the Mark as Paid option, and that will take you to the transaction where you can edit any detail as needed. Hit return to save the transaction, and it will be posted. 

• lee.security4you
    lee.security4you Member ✭✭
    Double click is non-functioning on my reminders. I am using the Mac version.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @lee.security4you  If you want to change the amount for the next scheduled transaction in a series, without affecting future months and without marking it Paid yet, you can do that -- but you must be in the register. Double click on the first (next) scheduled transaction, edit the amount, and press Enter; it will change the amount for that transaction only, and it's still scheduled (gray).

If you want to change the amount for all future transactions, then double click the transaction, and click the Edit All Instances link in the blue bar under the transaction.

If you want to change the amount for one particular future transaction, but not the next one; you can't. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lee.security4you
    That's what I was experiencing. It is a major flaw. I should be able to go into scheduled bills and mark paid while putting in the amount and/or check number.
  • lee.security4you
    NVM, I skipped over John_in_NC comment. That's what I was looking for. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.