Return 3 Yr, YTD, 1 Yr are blank in newly upgraded Deluxe subscription.

I just upgraded from 2017 Home and Business to the subscription for Deluxe (R26.21, Build 27.1.26.21 on Windows 10 1909 build 18363.778) and the mentioned fields are blank for all of my securities. As an example, I've held MDISX since 1993, all the buys and sells are shown in the detail yet Return (%) 3 Year, YTD and 1 Year are all blank. Not an N/A, just blank.

Why?

Comments

• Remo
    Remo Member
    I'll add that one of my investments I've had for less than 3 years and that has an N/A in the 3 year return field, the others, as noted above are blank.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The Return (%) should be pulled from the third-party quote service provider. 
  • Remo
    Remo Member
    Well, it's not working, I hope that wasn't intended to pass the buck from Quicken. They are the responsible party.

"Blank is equivalent to 0."

That comment showed in the email notification I got but I don't see it here. In any event, I don't have zero return for any of these, gains and losses but not zero.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Remo said:
    Well, it's not working, I hope that wasn't intended to pass the buck from Quicken. They are the responsible party.
    If the third-party does not provide the data for the ticker symbol you're using, Quicken will not present the information.  If you want Quicken to address the issue, I suggest you contact Quicken Support and provide the ticker symbols you are using.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Remo
    Remo Member
    Did a chat with support, he had me restore progressively older backups, with no change.

Then he had me do a quotes update in the Investment panel and that resolved it. Strange it would show some info, ROI, 5 Year Return, Gain/Loss, etc., but not those three fields until I asked for quotes.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of Quicken's performance indicators are calculated based on your holdings and some are downloaded. Search the in-product help for "Performance calculations" for more info.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.