Home Screen View "Investment Account Activity: Year to Date"

I am a long time quicken user but have been puzzled about why 3 accounts that were closed years ago (and have a confirmed $0 balance) continue to appear on my home page summary for "Investment Account Activity" when showing the current year-to-date. Does anyone know how I can get Quicken to stop displaying them?

Best Answer

Answers

• smess
    smess Member ✭✭
    Thank you, this worked! I appreciate the quick advice. This has been something I have been trying to figure out for the longest time
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @Sherlock, is there a similar trick for the "Loan Summary"?  I've got loans that were paid off 6+ years ago showing there.  "Keep Separate" doesn't seem to have any effect.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    NotACPA said:
    @Sherlock, is there a similar trick for the "Loan Summary"?  I've got loans that were paid off 6+ years ago showing there.  "Keep Separate" doesn't seem to have any effect.
    You may want to consider converting the old loan accounts into simple liability accounts: create the liability account, Find/Replace the loan transfers to liability transfers, move remaining self-referencing transfer transactions and delete the loan account.
This discussion has been closed.