Navy Federal Credit Union 2FA in Quicken for Mac

Options
Has anyone seen or heard of w work around for the 2FA problem now that NFCU has enabled mandatory 2FA. There seems no way to indicate to "trust this device" when setting up an account now that 2FA is enforced

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @671DCA

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by following the steps outlined here.

This article does list this as a fix for 101/103 errors, these steps will often work to correct what you are experiencing.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dale G
    Dale G Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    UPDATE: I spoke out of turn. Request withdrawn.
    Quicken Admin,
    This thread needs to be merged here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20094488
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Options
    This thread SHOULD NOT BE MERGED since this Apple Mac problem and ultimate solution will not necessarily be solved the same way in Quicken for Mac as it will be in Quicken for Windows
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken,
    The Quicken proposed solution reference above does not solve the 2FA problem. Until Quicken "somehow" registers itself as a "trusted agent" at NFCU the problem persists and updates must be "RESOLVED" by manually going through the 2FA process Esch time
  • Dale G
    Dale G Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, but you're missing all the fun and finger pointing on the other thread! :)
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Dale, I did read it - maybe we can double up and give the Mac source developers a little grief as well
  • carl
    carl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @671DCA
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > I would start by following the steps outlined here.
    >
    >  This article does list this as a fix for 101/103 errors, these steps will often work to correct what you are experiencing.
    >
    > Let me know how it goes!
    >
    > Thank you!-Quicken Tyka

I don't believe I am getting error 101/103 errors but I am definitely having issues with Navy Federal and Quicken for Mac.

In a nutshell it will eventually work after I click on the update button over and over until it finally pops up the window that does the 2 factor authentication. Once I enter the information, get the code, and enter it the download then works fine.

The problem is that I know of no consistent way to force this. I just have to keep trying over and over. Sometimes it works on 7 times, sometimes 10 times, etc.

Will the 101/103 document help with the issue I describe?

Thanks

Carl
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Carl,

Thank you for the tag, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this trouble with Navy Federal Credit Union.

The 101/103 steps deal with the password that is stored in the Mac keychain, performing the steps can help with repeated password requests and could help with the 2-factor issue.

However, in this case, this is an ongoing issue with Navy Federal Credit Union, there is an ongoing discussion available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken/Tyka: This is a Mac issue as well as a Windows issue. If you just lump this with Windows the Mac side may never be resolved. These "posts" for Windows and Mac must run in parallel until resolved on both sides
This discussion has been closed.