Any way to limit the fractional shares

wi_muggs
wi_muggs Member ✭✭✭
My Vanguard 401K account online only goes to 3 decimal points for transactions.

When I download the transactions quicken inputs up to 6 decimal points, thus my share balance does not balance.

Is there a setting that would limit the register to have only 3 decimals?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you allow Quicken to set the price when entering transactions.  This enables you to provide the appropriate cost and share balance.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wi_muggs -- What transactions are being downloaded?  To expand on Sherlock's answer, it can be counterproductive to automatically accept transactions offered by the financial institution (FI).  When accepting downloaded transactions you should make sure they are being entered (accepted) at the precision level you choose.  I have never had a problem that way with Vanguard's downloads (that I recall).  As indicated, it is the total number of shares and total dollar figure that are critical; price/share is not a critical value. 

To more directly answer your question, there is no setting in Quicken to tell it to alter the info coming from the FI.  To do so automatically would be a dangerous change to your financial information.     
This discussion has been closed.