Reports don't report category for Taxes:Property Taxes

bandit302
bandit302 Member ✭✭
I'm running Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100) on a new iMac with macOS 10.15.4. I have run a customized Spending Report for Last Year and it leaves out Taxes:(all subcategories). It only reports the category I created myself, Tax:financial planning. Quicken Support could not find an answer today - even using screen sharing. He suggested I run a Spending by category report and that actually shows the Taxes: Property Tax subcategory.... but... both reports show the same spending total..... with only very minor discrepancies...less than $1200.... So, why does the spending report not show the Taxes Category AT ALL and why do both reports show the same total? ALSO.... when I run a Summary of all Categories Report it shows ALL Taxes...great... but several that are indicated in red are listed in the" Money In" category.... Not Money Out! Then, when I investigate further by going to the actual register entry for three prop tax checks I see they all have listed as the Payee the check number instead of the Tax Collector for the county. Each time I replace the check number with the actually payee it moves the amount out of Money In and into Money Out. But still, they don't show up in the Categories in the spending report. The property taxes would not show up in the Spending Report until I called them Tax:County Taxes. I'm learning I can't trust Quicken.... when will these glitches be fixed??

Comments

• bandit302
    bandit302 Member ✭✭
    Correction: The second to last sentence should read...The property taxes only show up in the Spending Report when I select "Any or NO Payees". Then I realized...by selecting all payees or no payees that it will give me ALL the Taxes including when I change the category back to Taxes:Property Tax. Sooo... it appears that in my case the glitch was self inflicted. Boy, this is one powerful but prickly program. Still, It's better than what it was years ago.
  • bandit302
    bandit302 Member ✭✭
    But I still contend that this issue is unresolved for me as stated above: "ALSO.... when I run a Summary of all Categories Report it shows ALL Taxes...great... but several that are indicated in red are listed in the" Money In" category.... Not Money Out! Then, when I investigate further by going to the actual register entry for three prop tax checks I see they all have listed as the Payee the check number instead of the Tax Collector for the county. Each time I replace the check number with the actually payee it moves the amount out of Money In and into Money Out. " Any thoughts?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bandit302

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.