Rogue / Stuck Transaction

Options
Hi,

I'm having an issue similar to what I see at the links below - a transaction that has been sent (and cleared at Bank of America), but is stuck in Quicken saying it's "Scheduled for delivery". How do I clear it out, saying it's done and paid?
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7853536/why-does-the-you-have-1-online-bill-payment-to-send-alert-appear-beside-an-account#latest
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854093/another-rogue-you-have-online-payments-to-send-do-you-want-to-send-them-before-exiting-issue

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rkmorris

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available HERE.

Please let me know if these steps help to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, I had already tried that, I get the error that the payment is already being processed. Heck, it completed a week back, just stuck in the wrong state in Quicken :disappointed:

Thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @rkmorris

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Sorry for the late reply.

I believe from the sounds of it that the transaction was sent and completed but never seemed to have gotten through the processing/scheduled state that it was in. I think in this case deleting the transaction and re adding it would be our best way to get the transaction to show correctly. In the current state I believe you're unable to delete it. I'll list the steps below to forcefully delete it.

1. Open the account register with the payment.
    2. Click to select the payment you want to delete.
    3. At the top of the register, click Delete.
    4. At the Delete Current Transaction prompt, click Yes.
    5. Quicken displays a message, "This is an online payment that is due on [payment date]. To delete it, choose Edit menu > Transaction > Cancel Payment, then send it from the Online Center." (The exact wording of this message may vary).
    6. When you see the message described above, press and hold the CTRL key and click OK.
    7. Quicken displays a message, "Do you want to delete the transaction anyway?" (The exact wording of this message may vary). Hold CTRL and click Yes.
    8. If Quicken displays subsequent messages regarding this same payment, hold CTRL and click Yes (or OK).

If the above process fails to remove the unsent transaction:

1. Open the account register to select the unsent payment.
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click the Delete button on that transaction.
    3. Keep CTRL + Shift held down while responding to all messages.

From here you should be able to add a new transaction with the information that the previous transaction held. Once we have that it should be back in order with the correct info.

Please let me know if this helps you out!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Options
    This makes sense, but just one thing before I do this ... :-). When I add the new transaction ("with the information that the previous transaction held") ... I don't want it to send another (third ... LOL) payment. How do I avoid this happening?

Thanks!
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, just checking in - any thoughts on the question above? Holding on that before I try to delete the transaction.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.