Apple Card Data Export Options Now Include Quicken & QuickBooks File Formats

Comments

• robbyberman27
    robbyberman27 Member ✭✭
    I have exported all of my monthly QFX files from Apple Card on my phone and moved them to my iMac. However, Quicken will only allow me to import one QFX file, doing nothing when I try to import the other months.
    Can Someone provide the right method for doing this, or is something broken?
    In Quicken I'm selecting Apple Card as my bank, and Quicken will allow me to drag one of the QFX files into the well on the account setup screen. Everything seems to be processed correctly (though I have to manually change my Live Balance). However, when I import any of the other months' QFX files, nothing happens.
    Help?
  • robbyberman27
    robbyberman27 Member ✭✭
    Also, I don't know why jfclague's announcement is in the Windows forum?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I don't know why jfclague's announcement is in the Windows forum?

There's a bit of a shortcoming with this user community. A discussion cannot be cross-posted to multiple categories ... would be nice if one could, but the database engine won't allow it, AFAIK ...
    I'll see if a moderator can recategorize this to a more global category.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have exported all of my monthly QFX files from Apple Card on my phone and moved them to my iMac. However, Quicken will only allow me to import one QFX file, doing nothing when I try to import the other months.
    Can Someone provide the right method for doing this, or is something broken?
    In Quicken I'm selecting Apple Card as my bank, and Quicken will allow me to drag one of the QFX files into the well on the account setup screen. Everything seems to be processed correctly (though I have to manually change my Live Balance). However, when I import any of the other months' QFX files, nothing happens.
    Help?
    Are you sure that you selected import of QFX versus QXF?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record:
    Adding a new credit card account Apple Card is also available in supported versions of Quicken for Windows.
    (Using the Add Account function showed me Apple Card on the list of banks, but because I don't have an Apple Card, I couldn't take it any further than that ... )
  • JudyNJ
    JudyNJ Member ✭✭
    @"Robby Berman" I am having the same problem. I was able to download my April statement when I first added the Apple Card, but now I don't know how to add May. Were you able to get an answer?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JudyNJ
    After you download the QFX file from the Apple CC website, you do the following:
    File->File Import->Web Connect (.QFX) file , select the downloaded file and follow the buttons to import.

Another way is to double-click on the downloaded .QFX file, Quicken should start and import the file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Steve Sweitzer
    Steve Sweitzer Member ✭✭
    Worked as promised for me. I called Apple to cancel my card because I'd read on this forum that the .QFX file that was exported wouldn't import into Quicken. The tech I spoke with assured me that it worked so I gave it a try and it did work just fine. It's a pain to have to do this manually but at least it works.
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Successfully imported my Apple Card QFX data file for May but latest June QFX is giving me error OL-221-A
  • daniellcoats
    daniellcoats Member
    I'm having the same issue.

"Successfully imported my Apple Card QFX data file for May but latest June QFX is giving me error OL-221-A"
  • daniellcoats
    daniellcoats Member
    Quicken support confirmed there's a formatting issue with the recent QFX files. I was able to get the QFX file to import by manually editing the file. Specifically, the payment type "INSTALLMENT" appears to be causing problems within the file (changed it to PAYMENT). Also, the qfx file data includes the online balance of the export, which is different than the statement closing balance -- throwing off the reconciliation of the transactions.
This discussion has been closed.