Importing data

Hi There, I have some gaps in my Quicken file and my bank only exports CSV reports. Can I import the CVS reports and fill in the missing months in my Quicken file? Thanks, Kristi
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kiatwell
    Kiatwell Member
    Can Quicken import Excel spreadsheets?
    Thank you,
    Kristi
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Actually there are CSV to QIF converters available.  There are even add-on to excel which reportedly can do the conversion.  I believe one of the add-ons is XL2QIF.  
    I'm not sure how well they work but they might be worth a try.  Try a google search or search this community for further information.  I'm not sure that all versions of Quicken will import QIF transaction files so it might be good to verify that your version will before making the conversion. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Kiatwell
    Kiatwell Member
    Thanks JR!
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QMac does not import QIF files = nor does it import "Excel spreadsheets".
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Kiatwell
    Kiatwell Member
    Does that mean it imports CSV files?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but no. @John_in_NC already answered that.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Mac will only import a QFX file. There is a converter you can purchase that will convert CSV, OFX, and QIF files to QFX so that they can be imported into Quicken Mac. However, it does this by “tricking” Quicken into thinking the QXF file came from a supported financial institution (it defaults to Wells Fargo). The program can be found here: https://www.propersoft.net/conversion-expert?from=csv&to=quicken-mac

I use it to import my Apple Cash account transactions into Quicken from a PDF statement. This isn’t officially supported though, so use at your own risk. 
This discussion has been closed.