Crashing on Updates

Quicken Premier 2020, R26.23, 27.1.26.23. Windows 1909, current through May updates.

Quicken is now crashing each time I try to do a One Step Update. It will update and process my financial institutions, but goes to high-CPU utilization when updating Online Services and eventually crashes after 5 minutes. I get the bugsplat thing and it closes. I've probably sent them two dozen reports tonight.

I removed all accounts from Web and Mobile, still crashes. Quicken on the web shows no data so it sync'd.

I can manually update each individual financial institution (e.g., credit cards) and they're fine. I can also update stock quotes. I've done both a Validate and a Super Validate, no errors found.

But as soon as I try to update Quicken accounts online the above happens. Can't get past it.

What info do you need to resolve?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you restore a recent backup saved before Quicken crashed.  If the issue persists, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install, and update: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
  • grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not viable. Worked great until a few days ago, loss of data subsequent unacceptable.
  • grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    How about a quick tip on configuring the One Step Update to *not* update Mobile&Web? We used to be able to select what is done during that process, but I can't find it any more.

I don't use Mobile&Web (mobile doesn't work well, anyway) and I neither need it nor want it. If I can de-select that then as far as I'm concerned "problem solved".

In the meantime I'll just update my other financial accounts one-by-one.
  • grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    I logged out of Quicken, logged back in. Now I'm getting the attached error that, if told to apply, never goes away.
  • grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    Voila! Resetting cloud data resolved it. Many thanks!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    grega said:
    Voila! Resetting cloud data resolved it. Many thanks!

Thanks for getting back to us with the resolution.
    Do be sure to create backups every time you close Quicken. Crashes can destroy a data file beyond the repair capabilities built into Quicken. One can never have enough backups, both Manual and Automatic, to fall back to if something bad happens.
This discussion has been closed.