How to get Mac and PC Quicken files to both show in Quicken cloud; Sync?

This question seems to have been asked in multiple ways and with a variety of responses, but I thought I'd give it a try. I am currently using Quicken Deluxe on two Macs (one desktop, one laptop) and my work PC (Windows 10). I have yet to figure out how to see the "Cloud" files from the Mac in Windows and vice versa. I understand there are guidelines against storing Quicken data files on a network drive or cloud service - but is there a way to see all Quicken files associated to a Quicken ID in one place? I seem to have several of them and I don't ever quite know which one is the correct one. I cannot see the Windows files on Macs and cannot see the Mac files on Windows. I hope this is a future functionality as I use each of my machines in different locations and for different reasons - but would like to have the ability to have a "Unified" quicken file - or, at the very least, substantially more functionality for Quicken on the web.

Best Answer

Answers

• ewmarcus
    ewmarcus Member ✭✭
    Thank you, splasher. While not the answer I was hoping for, it makes sense. I am hopeful in a later release, Quicken will utilize the "cloud" to enable cross-platform and multi-machine use (much like a server<-->workstation relationship) as the mobile/app usability leaves a lot to be desired. Thank you for your quick response.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewmarcus said:
    Thank you, splasher. While not the answer I was hoping for, it makes sense. I am hopeful in a later release, Quicken will utilize the "cloud" to enable cross-platform and multi-machine use (much like a server<-->workstation relationship) as the mobile/app usability leaves a lot to be desired. Thank you for your quick response.
    They tried a cloud-based server version of Quicken several years ago in Beta testing and it was not very well received and they dropped it.
    You need to look into Quicken's Simplifi, it is completely cloud based.
    https://get.simplifimoney.com/ppc/

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.