When I try to update a miscexp action, I get a "Payee required" window

This discussion was created from comments split from: Find Investment Transactions for Action Code MiscExp Produces Unexpected Results.

Best Answer

Answers

• breslau43
    breslau43 Member ✭✭
    When I try to update a miscexp action, I get a "Payee required" window even though I have a security listed. My only payee choices are people for my checking account. Sometimes I get the message if I want to save the changes and when I say no, it lets the change go through.
    I am running Quicken Premier using Windows 10
    Version R26.23
    Build 27.1.26.23
  • breslau43
    breslau43 Member ✭✭
    Need to add one item. When I try to change the date, on the miscexp action, using the register line, I get the payee required window. If I use the edit command on the register line and the edit window appears, I can change the date without a problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @breslau43

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have been unable to recreate this thus far and have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

Has this transaction been previously downloaded or is it a manual transaction?

Does this only occur when editing an existing transaction or do you experience any trouble when creating a new transaction?

Last, is this the only account this is occurring in?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    breslau43 said:
    Need to add one item. When I try to change the date, on the miscexp action, using the register line, I get the payee required window. If I use the edit command on the register line and the edit window appears, I can change the date without a problem.
    Yep.  That is the way it works.  Any change to a MiscExp transaction (and maybe a MiscInc transaction?) needs to be done through the Edit (Edit Transactions button) window.  No known reason for that, but that s the way it is.  

@Quicken_Tyka -- yes, that applies to new transactions also.  If you start a new MiscExp transaction from the transaction list, the program opens up the window for that action. 

The 'glitch' is really what breslaut43 noted originally, that as a in-line edit, the program demands a "Payee Required" but not so from the edit transaction window. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another issue I noticed recently with a MiscExp is that if I try to edit it to add a security, it turns into a Withdraw in the transaction list.

However if I click on Edit for the (now Withdraw) transaction the MiscExp edit window is displayed. Weird!
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.