How do i fix the net worth report when the register is correct and the report is not?

Options
The balances on my net worth report for three separate annuities do not agree with the account register for each account. I have tracked the problem to 6 separate transactions in 2016. They are buys or reinvests, which is how I keep track of balances. They appear to be counted twice, or added twice which makes the report overstated. But the register balances are correct and transactions look fine in the register (and not duplicated). I checked securities and account filters in the net worth report as suggested in another post and found all were checked to be included. How do I fix it?

Best Answer

Answers

• jfoxegizi
    jfoxegizi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know if it helps.
  • jfoxegizi
    jfoxegizi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for responding and for your time.
    I checked out the link and backed up, copied and validated the file. There were no settings that needed changing. Validation corrected one account with one transaction, but that was all. Then I went in and replaced the transactions causing the problem, which worked for one account, but took a little more finesse and time for the last one. Finally, all 3 accounts are corrected...by hand. I have been using Quicken for over 20 years. I guess I have learned how to trick it.
    Thanks for the link. It seems that it should have worked. Resolved in the end.
This discussion has been closed.