How do I restore the backup data file.

I have a new pc and I reinstalled Quicken. The backup data file will not restore.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi @dwcrock,

Did you try to open the latest version of your *.qdf file?  What error code did you get when you tried the restore?  Also which version of Quicken were you running on the "old" pc - was it Quicken subscription or something else?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you download and apply the Quicken 2017 Release 20.5 Mondo patchhttp://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • dwcrock
    dwcrock Member
    I downloaded and installed the latest update-R27.20 and I still can't restore the data file.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    dwcrock said:
    I downloaded and installed the latest update-R27.20 and I still can't restore the data file.
    If you're using Quicken 2017 as you have indicated on your profile, you should not be attempting to apply the Quicken subscription release update.

This discussion has been closed.