USAA accounts/Quicken for MAC errors: Unsupported URL but transactions downloading

dhendricks4
dhendricks4 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
I have been receiving a Could Not Connect/Unsupported URL error for 2-3 weeks in Quicken for MAC for my 3 USAA accounts when using Direct Connect. I am confused in that my pending (bill pay) transactions are downloading to my register but past transactions are not. I have to go to USAA's web site and manually download those. I contacted USAA customer service and I was told I have to use DIRECT CONNECT & their services & servers were functioning properly. I also reset the "Quicken Cloud" but still receive the same error messages.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe 2020, Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100),macOS 10.15.5

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    Hello @dhendricks4,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, would you mind providing us with the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as confirm the Connection Type being used?

You can find this information by going to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted in the left-hand Account Bar:

Additionally, do you receive any specific error messages? Navigating to Window>Account Status may help to reveal these.

Please let us know so we can further assist!

-Quicken Natalie

• dhendricks4
    Yes, errors still occur. All 3 accounts hopelessly outdated due to inability to download transactions.
    USAA Federal Savings Bank for both checking & savings accts. USAA Credit Card for our VISA account. All 3 accts. are Direct Connect, per USAA guidance.
    Error message on all 3 accounts: COULD NOT CONNECT. UNSUPPORTED URL.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try setting them all to USAA Federal Savings Bank and Direct Connect.  This was a recent change for the credit card accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dhendricks4
    Thanks. I did change all accts. to Direct Connect. It sucessfully downloaded transactions only one time. For whatever reason, I attempted another download hours after the 1st successful one, and all accounts had been changed back to Quicken Connect (not by anyone else here.) This happens repeatedly and I am stumped.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you change the financial institution name from "USAA Credit Card" to "USAA Federal Savings Bank"?

This is an important step besides setting the connection method to Direct Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dhendricks4
    Yes, and for the moment, all is well. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.