Delete items from See All Finances section

Currently, I am not synchronizing data to Quicken on the Web. But, I was exploring the app recently (Help > Access Quicken on the Web).

After clicking See All Finances (letter icon in the bottom left corner), there is a list of files that I have no clue where they came from.

Is there a way to remove the files? If so, how can I remove the files?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Every data file you have gets a "Quicken Cloud account" whether you sync accounts/transactions to it or not.  The "Quicken Cloud account" is used for other things like the credit score, Zillow, X-Ray portfolio, ...

The fact that you are getting the "Not synced" message shows that the accounts/transactions haven't been synced for that data file so "syncing is off".

To remove these accounts for data files you are no longer using you need to do it from Quicken Desktop.  And it can only be done from a data file where you have turned on "Cloud Sync".  If you have no data file like that you will need to create a new data file and turn it on or do it in an existing one.  You haven't stated if you are using Windows or Mac here are the instructions for Windows since I'm a Windows user.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (x).  From there you can select any data file except the current one and delete the cloud account for it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Every data file you have gets a "Quicken Cloud account" whether you sync accounts/transactions to it or not.  The "Quicken Cloud account" is used for other things like the credit score, Zillow, X-Ray portfolio, ...

The fact that you are getting the "Not synced" message shows that the accounts/transactions haven't been synced for that data file so "syncing is off".

To remove these accounts for data files you are no longer using you need to do it from Quicken Desktop.  And it can only be done from a data file where you have turned on "Cloud Sync".  If you have no data file like that you will need to create a new data file and turn it on or do it in an existing one.  You haven't stated if you are using Windows or Mac here are the instructions for Windows since I'm a Windows user.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (x).  From there you can select any data file except the current one and delete the cloud account for it.
    Signature:
  • jess8887
    jess8887 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I'm currently using QMac. But, I did use QWin several years ago. I was able to logged into an old QWin account. The cloud accounts associated with my Quicken ID were some of the old Windows data files. I was able to remove/delete the accounts. Thank you for your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jess8887 your very welcome.  Note I think you could have done the same from your Mac Desktop because there is a tab for the Windows and Mac which implies that you should be able to see them no matter what OS/Desktop you are on.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.