Quicken's Spending Tab display not scaled properly

mrkp89
mrkp89 Member ✭✭
I am using a small 2-in-1 laptop and when I am not connected to an external monitor, I like to set my display scaling to 175%.

At this scale, when viewing the Spending tab, I do not see the itemized transaction at the bottom. See picture "Anno1."

When I changed to a lower scale of 150%, I could see it. See picture "Anno2."

Am I missing something to make the view correct at 175%? It seems there are a lot of wasted white space at this scale.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You have setup your display so that it doesn't meet the minimum display requirements for Quicken. Here are the display requirements.

It doesn't say here, but the assumption is that Windows scaling is at 100% for these number.

You didn't state what resolution your display is set to, but here is what is happening "mathematically".

Say you set 200% that would mean that you are now using 2 pixels for what at 100% would use 1 pixel.  So everything is going to be twice as big, but also that means only 1/2 of what would have fit before is going to fit on the screen now.

So in the case of 150% you would divide the resolution number that your screen is set to by 1.5.  For 175% you would divide them by 1.75 and they you would compare those number to the above numbers and they have to be equal or greater than the ones above.

For instance a typical resolution is "HD" which is 1920x1080.  Which based on what I see in your screenshots is exactly what you are using.

For 175% it would be 1920/1.75 = 1097, and 1080 / 1.75 = 617.
    617 is 151 pixels too small.

For 150% it would be 1920/1.5 = 1280, and 1080 / 1.5 = 720.
    Which is in fact still lower than the spec by 48 pixels, but it looks "close enough" that you might get away with using it.  But certainly you can't use 175%

That is the real problem with the small laptops and use old timers with the bad eyes.  They are definitely geared to the young guys with good eyes!  :)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You have setup your display so that it doesn't meet the minimum display requirements for Quicken. Here are the display requirements.

It doesn't say here, but the assumption is that Windows scaling is at 100% for these number.

You didn't state what resolution your display is set to, but here is what is happening "mathematically".

Say you set 200% that would mean that you are now using 2 pixels for what at 100% would use 1 pixel.  So everything is going to be twice as big, but also that means only 1/2 of what would have fit before is going to fit on the screen now.

So in the case of 150% you would divide the resolution number that your screen is set to by 1.5.  For 175% you would divide them by 1.75 and they you would compare those number to the above numbers and they have to be equal or greater than the ones above.

For instance a typical resolution is "HD" which is 1920x1080.  Which based on what I see in your screenshots is exactly what you are using.

For 175% it would be 1920/1.75 = 1097, and 1080 / 1.75 = 617.
    617 is 151 pixels too small.

For 150% it would be 1920/1.5 = 1280, and 1080 / 1.5 = 720.
    Which is in fact still lower than the spec by 48 pixels, but it looks "close enough" that you might get away with using it.  But certainly you can't use 175%

That is the real problem with the small laptops and use old timers with the bad eyes.  They are definitely geared to the young guys with good eyes!  :)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.