Amount Invested Year To Date ?

Options
Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I was customizing my columns and added Amount Invested Year today. The number makes absolutely no sense. It says Amount Invested Year to Date $718,169----Believe me, I wish I had that much $$$$ invested. Maybe I had half of that number invested Year to Date.
Where are they pulling these figures from?????????

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Amount Invested YTD starts with the value of the investment on 12/31/2019.  Any additional purchases made this year would be added to that value.  Sales are not deducted from that that total.  

Essentially, the premise is that at the end of last year / very beginning of this year, you chose to make all those investments.  

Beyond that, be very careful and develop a clear understanding of what Amount Invested is and is not.  It may not be what you think it is..  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amount Invested is useful mainly as a component of other performance calculations and not by itself IMO.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for replying guys----It looks like Year to Date % investment performance is based on Amount Invested Year to Date. I see where the number is coming from, but won't have any use for it.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.