Quicken Reports - Stocks Purchased and Sold

Options
Hello, I haven't been able to locate a way to bring up a report on an individual stock as in buy and sell information so that I can print it out for my taxes.
Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi @Barbara Allen,

Go to > "Reports" > "Tax" > "Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses"

Make sure the "tax Year" is correctly set. Hit the "Printer" icon.

That should do it!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Barbara Allen
    Barbara Allen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx, Thanks for your information. I did find the information but interestingly it was only partially complete with the recent sell info but not the buy date info although that is in my records. In my "old" Quicken I could put in the name of a stock and get the buy info and all the dividends and if sold that info. Is there any way to do that?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @Barbara Allen,

There are a couple of ways you can get that information in Quicken.

One way is to use the Portfolio View in the Investing Tab, as follows:

1) Click on the "Investing Tab",
    2) Click on "Portfolio" in the top left of the page,
    3) In the Fields , just below "Portfolio" - Select "Group by:" and choose: "Security"
    4) The list of securities should now be in alphabetical order (if not, just click on the little arrow in the "Name" box),
    5) Click on whatever security you want the information on and a new window will open.  At the top you will see "Transaction History" which will display all transactions involving that security over time, starting with your first buy and going to the current date.  It will include dividends (even if not reinvested) stock splits, etc.

A quicker way to get to the same place is:

1) Select "Tools" > "Security List"
    2) Click on whatever security you want the information on and a new window will open.  You'll see the exact information that I mention in step 5) above.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Barbara Allen
    Barbara Allen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Jacobs. Your information did the trick. I appreciate Frankx response but I was still having difficulties and now understand why.
This discussion has been closed.