Transactions Not Importing from QFX File

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why does Quicken not import all bank transactions?.

Comments

• Gasport
    Gasport Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Upgraded from 2017 Mac to 2020 Mac. I now notice that there are transactions in the qfx file that are not imported into the current version. This is not random and happens quite frequently. I have checked the qfx file and the transactions are in there. Both transactions I may enter manually and those not entered do not show up in Quicken. I did not have this problem with Quicken 17. For the month of August, I had 9 transactions in my bank account. Only 6 imported into Quicken. This basically makes the import useless if I have to check every time I import a QFX file. I looked over the linked faq and none of these apply. Contacting support as suggested.
  • jmastron
    jmastron Member
    Options
    Have had the same trouble for most of the year. Also running Mac2020 and downloaded the most recent update. Working with Empire (Great-West Financial) and download the QFX file fine from their website. I've tried dragging it into the transaction register, deactivated the connection, importing from finder-all without success. All show 85 transactions that are processing for import, but when all done, zero transactions have imported. I've contacted Quicken support in the past, they had me modify so many thinks in my database it became locked. This should be simple, as all other transactions download fine from other banks. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I definitely suggest you contact Quicken Support by phone during the week about these issues. I've seen a few users with the similar complaints, so there might be some problem the developers just aren't aware of. (With 14,000+ financial institutions, it's easy for some of them to make a change in their file format, even though it should adhere to the standard, that messes up Quicken.) The only way to get to the bottom of it is if people contact support (phone support agents can screen share so they can see the contents of the QFX file and what imports into Quicken) so they can see the problem in action and, if it's a genuine bug, document it and pass it on to the developers. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I import a QFX file daily from Great-West Financial (aka Empower). I have not experienced any issues importing all transactions.

My import method is to just open the QFX file after the download and Quicken takes over and imports it.

What I suggest doing at this point is to create an empty Quicken Data File  (File > New) for testing. Then take your QFX file and import it into this test data file. Do (all) the transactions import?

If the test file imports successfully you will have a level of confidence that the QFX file and Quicken are compatible. 

@Gasport
    You did not say what Bank you are getting the QFX file from. Someone with experience with that same financial institution may be able to offer some insight.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.