Problem enabling payment account for Quicken Bill Manager

When I follow the instructions for enabling my Wells Fargo checking account as a payment account for the new Quicken Bill Manager (which I was using for the old Quicken Bill Pay), verified all info was correct then tried to Save. Got error "Could not add payment account." No explanation in Quicken or instructions.
Also where instructions say " If you already have online bills set up, you can move on to Enable a payment account for Quick Pay", does that mean if I have my payees set up for the old QBP I can move on (which I do), or does that mean something else?
Please help me with my QBM setup where the instructions are inadequate. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LawrenceKells

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

To add a payment account, you will need to add an Online Bill.

1. Go to the Bills & Income tab, then click Get Started.

Quicken Bill Manager How To Set Up Quick Pay and Check Pay

If you do not see the Get Started button, click the + (plus sign) in the upper-right corner of the Bills & Income screen and select Online Bill

1. Search for the name of the biller you wish to add.

1. Enter the login credentials you use for that biller's website and click Next. Quicken will then authenticate the account and search for bills.

1. After the biller is added, a confirmation screen will follow. You can link an existing Reminder or create a new Reminder.

1. You can then choose to add another bill or click Done to finish.

There is no way to complete the process of enabling a payment account without adding an Online Biller to the file.

The complete steps below are from the article referenced above.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • LawrenceKells
    LawrenceKells Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Tyka. o:) I'm successfully set up for Quick Pay, and am awaiting verification for Check Pay. What was unclear to me was that it wasn't enough to have my billers already set up for transaction downloads and as payees on the old Quicken Bill Pay. This is a separate step to set up a payee for the new Online Billing. Once I got an account set up this way, I was able to enable my checking account as my payment account. (Also, the error message when I tried before wasn't helpful.)
  • dln355
    dln355 Member
    I am in the same process.

All goes well until I am ready to verify my checking account with the 2 downloaded deposits. First time I got downloads of 0.76 and 0.00. Quicken said wrong amounts. I requested 2 more downloads. Got 0.44 and 0.00 - Same response. Why am I getting 0.00 and why won't it accept that???

Totally confused and frustrated - Help!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    0.00 is unusual.  Does your account running balance verify that nothing was deposited. Also, have you checked on the bank's web site to verify or are you relying on a Quicken download for the amounts?
    I have had deposits down to 0.03 but always something. Within a day or two, Quicken will withdraw the sum of the deposits so it will be interesting to see what is withdrawn. If you continue to get only one valid deposit then you need to talk to support. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• dln355
    dln355 Member
    The .76 was withdrawn. On my Credit Union's web site it shows deposits of .76 and .28 and .16 on Aug 11 (Note 28+16=44) so it looks like my CU may have added them as a single deposit, instead of 2. Checked it and that was it.

Thanks so much for your help. I shouldhave figured that out on my own.

But when trying to schedule a payment, it defaulted to Billpay, not BillManager. ?? Must I explicitly terminate Billpay?
  • dln355
    dln355 Member
    I followed all the instructions I could find and it seems my December 14 payment is still scheduled via BillPay. Confused!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you were using Quicken Billpay then the 12/14 payment won't happen (only Direct Connect with your bank's billpay system will work after 8/31).  Bill Manager payments are usually made from within the Bills & Income tab and should be specific to Quick Pay or Check Pay depending on how the payee is set up.  How did you initiate the recent payment?

Quicken user since 1995

• dln355
    dln355 Member
    Selected manual bill. This time I see CHeck Pay but it won't let me schedule past September 26. Is that a feature or a bug?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I believe there is a current Check Pay scheduling limit of about 45 days ahead.  Others have asked for greater lead time but no response as yet about increasing it.

Quicken user since 1995

• dln355
    dln355 Member
    edited August 2020
    Thanks again. You have been a great help!
This discussion has been closed.