Check Pay Not Showing Up at Bank

I have one Check Pay transaction that is now 13 days over due.  It has not cleared my bank.  Who do I call to check on this payment?   Thank you.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Contact Quicken Support. The regular Support team handles issues with bill payment issues. They should be able to find out if the check was issued and when.

Unfortunately, there are numerous reports of people having problems with the new bill payment methods on this forum, and there has been no overall response from Quicken to provide users any indication about possible areas of trouble, so every user's case needs to be researched individually. So I would definitely check with Support first, and then if you can't get a clear answer, make your payment via another method so you don't rack up late fees and interest waiting to get to the bottom of the situation with Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Contact Quicken Support. The regular Support team handles issues with bill payment issues. They should be able to find out if the check was issued and when.

Unfortunately, there are numerous reports of people having problems with the new bill payment methods on this forum, and there has been no overall response from Quicken to provide users any indication about possible areas of trouble, so every user's case needs to be researched individually. So I would definitely check with Support first, and then if you can't get a clear answer, make your payment via another method so you don't rack up late fees and interest waiting to get to the bottom of the situation with Quicken.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Also you could check with the payee it was sent to.  The check is a paper check and won't appear in your bank account until it is deposited by the payee.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah the vendor hasn't received it yet... 13 days past due...  I printed a check and mailed it yesterday.... I hope this gets better...

• jacobs
    @Dean Mechler  Did you contact Quicken Support? I'm curious what the problem was/is? And if the problem is not the US Postal Service -- always a possibility in the best of times, and these aren't the best of times! -- it's important that users report the problems to Quicken; nothing will get better if they don't know there's something wrong. ;)
  • Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    I did contact customer service.  They suggested that I valid my file.  I failed to see how that would help but after our conversation I did the validation.  Quicken did give a status giving an estimated payment date of 8-6-2020 after initiating the payment on 7-22-2020 with a requested payment date of 7-31-2020.  Today is 8-11-2020 and my insurance company has not received or cashed my payment.  The validation didn't help.  Other than that they had no recommendations...
  • Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    Another non payment.  I entered a check pay.  13 days later vendor sends me a disconnect notice.  I contact Quicken Support.  Check was never issued.  WHAT!??
    How can I EVER trust Check Pay??!!  This is nuts!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to doublecheck ...
    What address did you use for this biller? For example, one of my credit cards lists their general mailing address in Delaware, but payments need to be addressed to some service company in Illinois.
    And is your credit card number or biller account number properly printed in the Memo field of the check?

Instead of wrestling with the vagaries of Bill Manager, how about this alternative …
    Personally, I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, whatever the biller calls it. The payment is automatically debited from my checking or credit card account by the biller on due date. And in most cases there's no transaction fee*. When I get notified about a new statement having arrived, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to pay the amount due. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

*Some companies may charge for withdrawals from credit cards, but offer direct debit from checking accounts for free … or vice versa … read the fine print on the biller's website to choose the no-fee option

• Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    This was Check Pay, not Quick Pay.   I used the same address and account number that I used for 10+ years with Bill Pay...
This discussion has been closed.