How do I get rid of 1 payment to send & "you have cancel payment instructions to send ..." on exit.

Options
This has been asked by numerous users likely as frustrated as I am however the question seems to be repeatedly closed without a workable answer.

Under bills and income it shows one payment to send with envelope arrow. On exit gives error "you have payment to send or Quicken will remove them from the instruction set".

Great happy for Quicken to do just that. Please remove them, cause I cant find them, in fact I will go so far as to click the "remove button". But no wait it makes no difference the error message will be back. Validated, updated, checked logs and registers. This is nuts. I understand it may be a conflict with status at the banking institution (Chase) but give me a simple solution that works or just make the "Remove Instructions" button in the error message work.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Sparky77,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken

If you have not already, I suggest taking a look at the steps available here and here to see if they help to resolve this matter for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• Sparky77
    Sparky77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your effort to help. The version is win 2020 R27.42 latest build. None of the above are helpful. All payments are showing as sent in the register and no payments are scheduled. As I mentioned a number of other users have experienced the same issue seemingly without resolution. At the very least the "Remove Instruction" button in the message at close should solve the problem. Why doesn't it ?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Sparky77

Thank you for taking the response although I apologize that the previous steps did not help to resolve this error.

If you haven't done so already, may I ask that please validate the file?

File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Sparky77
    Sparky77 Member
    Options
    As mentioned I validated the file. No errors.
  • Sparky77
    Sparky77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking a swing though. Can you let me know why the "Remove Instruction" button in the message at close does not solve the problem?
This discussion has been closed.