Download of most current release -- anyone else having an issue? [edited]

Options
emfilvdr
emfilvdr Member
I am running Quicken Deluxe. The last release update I was able to download was in July, R27.1.27.42. I have been prompted several times now after running one step update that there are now two releases from August available to download and install. However, each time when I have attempted to do so Quicken says I am on the most current release. When I try to via the drop down menu of Help>>Download Latest Version it says the same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• emfilvdr
    emfilvdr Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your quick response! I assumed that they rolled out releases in a controlled manner but with August essentially over I did think the August releases were deemed safe at this point. Thanks again.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Quicken just stage released R28.18 which is supposed to fix the duplicate transaction issues of the previous R28 releases.  

Hi All,

Our Teams have been investigating the duplicate transaction behavior and have created a solution that is part of the R28.18 hot fix, now available in staged release format.

If you would prefer to not wait for this release to go live to all Users, please download and install the Mondo Patch, available here.

Once installed, the duplicated transactions should not occur again, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• weforbes164
    weforbes164 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just updated to R28.18 and many passwords for accounts in the vault were removed, I could not enter the pw when prompted. I had to deactivate the account and reactivate it. Annoying for a lot of accounts.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    A new process for Express Web Connect accounts labeled QCS, only requires logon information for EWC when first activated.  You will see a key icon in OSU Settings next to the EWC QCS accounts.

Users are gradually being switched over to QCS; some transitions don't go smoothly and require deactivate/activate for the account.  Most will transition without knowing it; other than noticing a difference in the order in which accounts are downloaded.  Direct Connect accounts download first, followed by EWC accounts appearing to download at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.