Can you set a transactions password in Quicken for Mac?

I know it used to be possible in old versions of Quicken (for Mac) to set up a transactions password so that you couldn't accidentally change transactions older than a certain date. I found that feature highly valuable and would like to use it now but I can't find it. Is it missing?

Best Answer

Answers

• HawaiiThad
    HawaiiThad Member ✭✭
    Ok, thanks for letting me know. There should be!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    But... if you try to change a reconciled transaction, you will get a warning. So marking all transactions earlier than a certain date as reconciled, even for an account that you might not normally reconcile, might help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO said:
    But... if you try to change a reconciled transaction, you will get a warning. ...
    Hmm ... testing this, there is only a warning if the amount or reconcile state is changed. 

Changes to the date, account, memo all can be changed with no notice from Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Monterey 12.4 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2020
    lhossus said:

Changes to the date, account, memo all can be changed with no notice from Quicken.
    Well that's pretty bad. I remembered getting a warning, but never tested each field. Changing the date or the account would definitely affect the reconcile, so these at least should be warned for.

I filed a Report a Problem on this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.