Billers fail Authorization

I have 3 billers who fail authorization. Utility, Mortgage, Insurance. The user id/pw have been checked and validated. The billers are in the the list of billers upon search. This is extremely frustrating as the new process only allows 3 manual checks. Very frustrated with the new billing.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jpricebowman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Please include the names of the billers that you are encountering this trouble with so that I may review the biller profile to locate any issues. You may also contact support directly for assistance with this.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2020 R28.23 Build 27.1.28.23

Billers: Zions Bank (Mortgage), City of Phoenix (Water), Farmers Insurance (Life Insurance)

I have tried over a couple weeks linking to these billers.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jpricebowman

Thank you for the response and for providing the names of the billers.

The Zions bank biller is stating that the login credentials are incorrect, to confirm, are you able to successfully sign in to zionsbank.com?

I was unable to locate a biller for "City of Phoenix" does it possibly have a different name?

The Farmers account states that additional details are needed to sync, this may be a code of some sort did you receive a request or option to enter a code?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Zionsbank.com: There is a button for Mortgage Holders on the log in page. My credentials are valid for the Mortgage Holders log in page.

City of Phoenix: The search results are Phoenix (one time) and Phoenix (Phxpays). I have tried both. My credentials are valid for either page.

Farmers: I have never received any code request. Only "Authorization Failed".
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Update:

I attempted Farmers again. I did received a request to send a text/email. I chose text and never received a text. The mobile phone number is correct in my profile with the vendor.
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Update: I chose email and received "unable to update billers. Please try again"
  • Dave Hutchison
    Dave Hutchison Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Just confirming since I am also in Phoenix and have a Phoenix Water Bill in front of me. The bill is from City of Phoenix - City Services Bill

The payee to send payments to is City of Phoenix PO Box 29100, Phoenix AZ 85028-9100

The Phxpays reference of jpricebowman is only for paying online so that may be the problem.

I assure you City of Phoenix exists and sends bills :)
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    I receive emails every month with my City of Phoenix Water bill. I am able to pay the bill electronically through my bank. What I'm not able to do is link my Quicken Bill Pay to the City of Phoenix Utilities selection. My credentials are valid for the City of Phoenix web site to view my account details.

I'm unsure of what you are trying to tell me.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you are successful in setting up any these billers, please let the community know.  

FYI: There are a significant number of electronic bills that cannot be successfully linked to the Quicken bill retrieval system (aka Bill Manager). There are numerous posts citing billers that cannot be added.  If your goal is to pay the biller using Quick Pay, that is a show stopper.  Even if you can link the bill to make a payment, Quick Pay will try to use the billers web site & payment system to complete the payment. So, whatever restrictions your biller's payement system applies to online payments will also apply to Quick Pay.  (For example Hawaiian Electric Co adds a fee for using their online billpay and Quick Pay adds that fee to my bill payment).  The Quicken based alternative is of course Check Pay and you've already realized the limitations that entails.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jpricebowman

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have gone ahead and reported the Farmers and the Zions bank, please allow 48 before attempting to add/update the bill once more.

In regards to the Phoenix Utilities, biller, I do not see this biller listed on the biller profile or in Quicken.

When I open Quicken and add a biller, I do not see any biller for City of Phoenix.

What is the name of the biller that is listed in Quicken?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I will.

I'm sure these are start up issues and will be handled. However, the 3 check limit, low by any standard, just exacerbates the issue.
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    Phoenix, AZ Utilities
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jpricebowman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.