What setting do I change to make a list of reminders appear on the bottom of the account page?

I have multiple accounts and multiple reminders set up. All accounts show "Download Transactions" and "Bill and Income Reminders (xx Due)" tabs at the bottom of the account page. On some of the accounts, a list of the reminders appears underneath the "Bill and Income Reminders" tab at the bottom of the page, on other accounts the list of reminders does not appear -- I want them to appear. How do I make this happen? "Online auto entry" is turned off on all accounts and "Don't show reminders in register" is selected on all accounts. All accounts were working as I wanted until a week ago. I must have inadvertently changed a setting.

Answers

• BesseLou
    BesseLou Member
    I know how to customize the reminders, how to specify how far in advance the reminder should appear in the list. The account that is not working the way I want shows "Bill and Income Reminders (11 Due)" at the bottom of the account page, but there is no list of the 11 under this tab at the bottom of the page.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• BesseLou
    BesseLou Member
    I am using Quicken Premier, purchased Jan 2020. The application is using R28.23, the lastest version. I rebooted my PC. Afterward I ran the validation process -- no errors found except, perhaps, 1 error in the category list -- I didn't notice any errors or changes in my review, but I use a lot of categories, so might be discovered later. Earlier today a support rep from Quicken instructed me to run Supervalidation, also no issues found.

The situation still exists: 1 account with 3 Bill and Income Reminders Due displays a list of the reminders, 2nd account with 11 Bill and Income Reminders Due does not display a list of the reminders.
  • BesseLou
    BesseLou Member
    Since posting the update at 2:08 I have been paying bills. I deleted 1 reminder and recreated it to see if that would make it appear - that didn't work. Some time has passed and now, 30+ minutes later, the reminders are appearing in a list on each account page. This is a mystery to me. I honestly don't know what I'm doing to make the reminders disappear and reappear.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BesseLou

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

Can you please provide the location of your data? To confirm the location of the file please review the steps available here.

Also, do you see any sort of pattern, are these reminders all expenses, or income reminders, or a combination of both?

Are they linked to an online biller possibly? 

The more information that you can provide the better able the Community is to assist.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    I have the same or related issue. I have two accounts, a checking and a credit card account, each with scheduled bill payments. Before a recent update, these reminders would appear at the bottom of each account register and I could click to enter, skip etc.. Now they have disappeared. And the only way I can access them is through the Tools>manage bill and reminders drop down. Quicken Premier R32.12 build 27.1.32.12.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NV-VT said:
    I have the same or related issue. I have two accounts, a checking and a credit card account, each with scheduled bill payments. Before a recent update, these reminders would appear at the bottom of each account register and I could click to enter, skip etc.. Now they have disappeared. And the only way I can access them is through the Tools>manage bill and reminders drop down. Quicken Premier R32.12 build 27.1.32.12.

The Bill and Income Reminders tab and the Downloaded Transactions tab do not show at the bottom of the register if the account has been set to "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register".

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?
    There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

This discussion has been closed.