Tesla stock price history is incorrect

Options
When I update security quotes, the Tesla price history contains spurious values. Rebuilding the price history does not work either. This just started with the stock split.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The same issue has arisen over on the Windows side with Apple.  Both the Friday download of quotes for Apple and the Monday download of quotes had errors, overwriting prior period quotes, even the ones you might have corrected.  Hopefully this is all behind us, until the next split.
  • Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    TSLA stock price for most every Friday in 2019/20 is off by almost a 5X factor. Looking at Q price history prior to 2019, the pattern is much more erratic.I would have thought that Q, or Q data provider would have caught that and made a fix by now.

I just rebuilt TSLA price history and it is way out of whack!!
  • Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I removed the erroneous TSLA quotes from price history, and everything looked OK until I did an update today, see attached. And also seeing AAPL quote errors.
    Several questions;
    - who is the Quicken stock quote provider?
    - during an update, how is the price data from the FI (Fidelity, Schwab, etc.) used? What takes preference?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See "Hierarchy for prices entered" here:
    I'm assuming this hierarchy is the same for Mac.
    I guess that the periodic "spikes" before January are the erroneous Friday quotes?  Try entering a few of those quotes manually to see it they come back with the next update.
This discussion has been closed.