Direct Access Bill Pay Due Dates Being Changed By The Bill Pay Service

Entered due dates are being changed to the latest date they can be paid (as determined by the Bill Pay service provider) rather than the date I enter. This, of course, makes it hard to make early payments and does not seem "kosher" to me. Seems like it started just this year (2020). When I enquired at US Bank support, they said it was under the control of their 3rd party supplier and, basically, stopped communicating about it. I moved to Mechanic's Bank and it is the same there, though I have just discovered I may be able to due an early payment by editing it in the bank's website Bill Pay (MB's website system is sync'd with direct access). MB, however, also has the problem of payees and payments not being editable via direct access - only delete (or cancel as appropriate) and re-enter are allowed.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello AI,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well, specifically what occurs when you try to edit a scheduled bill payment.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Al
    Al Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. However, I do not really need any help on this other than finding out whether other users are seeing the problem.

I suspect, in fact, the problem is due to changes being made by some (OFX) direct connect (service) providers, rather than anything in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.