Wells Fargo 2 step verification problems

Hi,
about a month ago when paying my Wells Fargo credit card, it FAILED due to 2 factor verification. I contacted Wells Fargo Credit card company and was told that they had 2 factor payments on this for years (a lie). They have not done anything different.
At present I'm paying wells fargo $3.00 a month to view my accounts. The agent said I would have to switch to paying $9.98 a month to view my credit card bill and be able to pay them via Quicken. This was not an issue two months ago and the Wells Fargo agent assures me nothing has changed.
I have Quicken Premier. What gives???

Answers

• adrian
    adrian Member ✭✭
    No other accounts that I have charge to download transactions into Quicken except Wells Fargo. Once a month I log onto my WF account and download my info into Quicken, that way they do not charge. I don't have a credit card with them so I'm not sure about that part. One of these days I'll get around to closing that account, except they are one of the few banks in my area that have safe deposit boxes.
  • Al
    Al Member ✭✭
    I quit WF a couple of years ago so I do not know if this problem is the same as one I recently (March) had with Pacific Premier Bank. PPBI went to Multi-Factor Authentication around the beginning of this year. It was supposed to work transparently, but I could not get it to work with Quicken for mac, or three other OFX enabled products. I gave up and moved to a different bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Victus

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration you have experienced.

As far as I know, Wells Fargo has charged a $9.95 fee to use Quicken Bill Pay, if this amount is unfamiliar to you it may be possible that you were using a different method to pay bills.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees/

You may have been using Quicken Bill Pay which was recently discontinued and was included in the Premier version.

Do you recall ever creating an account at Quickenbillpay.com?

Please let me know so we can get to the bottom of what has changed!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Victus
    Victus Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Yes I did use Quicken Bill Pay and my wells fargo account for pay out. I didn't have to pay $9.95 but $3.00. The reason is I'm not using Wells Fargo online services to do the pay out. I was using Quicken Bill Pay to handle the transaction. The reason I had to pay $3.00 was that the Quicken Web Connect wasn't retrieving all my account information dealing with wells fargo accounts. The only solution I had was to use direct connect that cost $3.00.

I have Quicken Premier that has Quicken Bill Manager. From what I understand from various email, Quicken Bill Manager replaces Quicken Bill Pay. I switched to Quicken Bill Manager before Quicken Bill Pay was closed and have payed bills with this feature ever since.

Was Quicken > wells fargo > pay bills = $9.95
    Then Quicken Bill Pay + wells fargo > pay bills = $3.00
    Then Quicken Bill Manager + wells fargo > pay bills = $3.00

two months ago, I tried to pay wells fargo visa. This is just one account versus all the accounts I have. I have five on-line bill accounts and one paper check account. Wells fargo visa is the only one that Quicken has an issue with. NOT Bill manager.

Think about it. If it was well fargo needing $9.95 to process the payments then why would the other four accounts NOT request a verification code like wells fargo visa. I can make transfers from checking to savings via Quicken and not get dinged. Why is it just wells fargo visa?

What changed two months ago? Wells fargo visa said they have not changed anything.

Again, this just means Quicken can not perform online banking to wells fargo visa.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Victus

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Victus
    Victus Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

Thanks you for your response.

Victus
This discussion has been closed.