Unable to establish Citi as an Online Biller

13»

Comments

• HI Larry4. Yes, I did the Help/Report a Problem thing last week. So far, it seems to have fallen into a black hole.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Starting with the SEPT billing cycle, mu CITICARD bill no loner updates. Even when using the REFRESH option, the message the BILL HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY ADDED. NEXT DUE AMOUNT IS NOT YET AVAILABLE. This has been over a week since the bill was available on my bank website as well as on MINT. Support says it is not a QUICKEN issue.
    Any suggestsion?
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Observation - I was issued a new card. When deleting and adding the BILLER back to the list (suggested by support) Quicken doesn't give me an option to designate the new card number. It may still use the old card, still on the website but with a zero balance.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how a new card would affect the bill retrieval process but there have been some recent problems with Citi online bills & payments still awaiting a resolution
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20117903#Comment_20117903

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Mark&Kristine Thompson
    Mark&Kristine Thompson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Yes, this continues to be a problem with Citi credit cards. There are a number of threads on this issue that periodically get combined, so the moderators are definitely aware of it. However, there is no official acknowledgement that this is a problem, nor is there any information, alert, or announcement on whether quicken is working with citibank to try to resolve this. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    An update on my previous post on the problem with Citi Bank payments: In order to avoid late payment, I went to Citi and had them make a direct withdrawal from my bank. As I had been having good success in the new Quick Pay, I developed a false sense of confidence and failed to allow enough time for a work-around in the event of a failed payment. From now on I think I will schedule payments five working days ahead of due date. Unfortunately, my Citi accounts still do not update. I also called Quicken Help and opened a case just so they have one more record of this problem.

Previous post: "My Citi Bank Quick Pay payment scheduled for 9/14/20 was rejected. Reason given: Citi Bank website down. Attempted resend with Quick Pay today 9/15/20 and again payment was rejected for same reason. All the time I was signing into my Citi account on both days.

My Citi account is setup for Direct Connect and my account transactions download. My Citi eBills are not updating in Quicken."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are experiencing this issue with Citi.

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated, however, this is no ETA that I am able to offer at this time.

There is an alert available herebe sure to visit the link and bookmark the alert by selecting the gold star in the top right-hand corner to be notified of any updates ro changes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thanks Quicken_Tyka. My citicard bills have now updated. So the problem for me at least appears to be fixed. What about others on the thread? Has this been resolved for you?
  • bazza
    bazza Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    For those encountering this issue or any other issue that results in Quicken not being able to retrieve a bill, the reality is that the bill is still due and not paying on time could have disastrous consequences on an individuals credit report.

Currently, when Quicken isn't able to retrieve a bill for whatever reason, it displays "Awaiting next Bill" even though there might be one coming due. In my particular case, I have a Citi Bill do in less than 7 days but Quicken says "Awaiting Next Bill."

In order for me to know I have a bill due, I have to keep track of all my bills elsewhere (e.g. in my head, other software, etc.) because a problem could be encountered that prohibits bill detail retrieval.

Customers need to know when their bills are due - this is what Reminders are for and how they worked prior to "Online Bills" superseding the Reminder functionality (via "Llinked Reminders"). It's great when the bill details can be retrieved but not when they can't as customers have no visibility to due dates.

There is an easy solution for this - when a bill is not able to be retrieved, display the "Due Date" and "Amount" from the linked reminder with an asterix to indicate it's not the actual info from the biller. This way, customers at least know they still have a bill due.

If you agree and like this idea or have other ideas, upvote and comment at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881211/display-linked-reminder-date-when-awaiting-next-bill/p1?new=1.
  • Ed Maff
    Ed Maff Member ✭✭
    I had 2 failed Quick Pay attempts for Citi. 10/9 and 10/12/20.

Retrieving bill wasn't a problem for me, only paying it.

I sent info to Quicken thru Help\Report a problem.
    Quicken user since 1997.
    Windows 10 Pro
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

I have checked on the "Health" of the Citi biller and it appears to be stabilizing and is now listed as healthy.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    I'm still having the same issues described above with Citi.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Terry

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble with Citi.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for Citi and show that the bill is syncing successfully but has been removed.

Please add the biller once more and allow 48 hours to see if you presented with a bill amount.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I was able to see the bill and schedule a payment this time.

In the past I've been able to get the bills about half the time but when I try to pay them with quick pay I get an error message that tells me to remove the biller and add it again. So round and round we go.
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    By the way, I like everything about the new bill manager except this ongoing issue with Citi. (and I wish I could pay for and write more than 15 checks)
This discussion has been closed.