Check Pay Verification.... Again

I've used Check Pay.  Updated Q and now I have to verify my bank account a second time.  Also can't get bill pay to use Verizon Wireless.  

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dean Mechler

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

First, did you restore a backup at any point in time prior to having to verify Check Pay?

Do you use multiple files in Quicken or just one file?

Also, do you sync and use either the mobile and web applications?

Finally, are you attempting to add Verizon as a biller or are you trying to send an online payment using bank bill pay?

Do you receive any error messages at any point?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    Year: 2020   Version: R28.28   Build: 27.1.28.28
    Did not restore backup
    I have another Quicken file
    I do sync from investment accounts
    I am trying to use Check Pay but it is confusing Biller/Bill Pay/Check Pay
    How do I know which one I'm using or trying to use?  Bad layout and not intuitive.
    Thought I am using Check Pay.  Would be nice if I could use a "manual" e biller.
    All the instructions seem to say that you have to use the ebiller (receive ebills) to pay bills electronically.  This is crazy.....
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @Dean Mechler

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and see that the account is enabled for Check Pay and has been since March earlier this year. Do you recall how many times you've had to reverify this account?

In regards to making a Check Pay payment, you should be able to use a manual reminder to send payment via Check pay. To learn about scheduling a payment using Check pay I would take a moment to review the steps available here.

I have also included a video of this process

https://youtu.be/r0ZFk_sH12Q

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.