"Online Balance" for Citi and Chase CC using EWC not updating since 9/4/20

Options
Robert2413
Robert2413 Member ✭✭
I do a one-step update every morning, including auto-reconcile. I find this tends to detect errors and problems early. I write this on 9/12/2020. The "Online balance" values for my Chase and Citi credit card accounts (EWC) are stuck on their 9/4/2020 values (Quicken knows this when I check the date of the online balance in the Reconcile window) and have not updated for a week even though I do daily updates of these accounts. However, new transactions do seem to download and there are no error messages when I update. Because the Online Balance values are out-of-date, I can no longer auto-reconcile these accounts.

This used to work OK until 9/4/2020. I have received several Quicken software updates recently and am currently on Quicken 2020 build 27.1.28.28 version R28.28.

My Bank of America accounts, which use Direct Connect, do not have this problem.

Best Answers

• Robert2413
    Robert2413 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks to all who replied for the suggestions. I was able to convert all accounts at Chase and Citi to Direct Connect, and now the downloads work correctly.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have encountered similar issues in the past and in general I treat them in the following order, but you can choose any order that you prefer:

• Do an update only on that specific account, instead of an ALL One Step Update (OSU)
    • Wait a few weeks for something to resolve itself if it is not critical (I am patient)
    • Create a blank test datafile.  In this case, add the account(s) in question to it and do an update and see the results/differences between the two datafiles.  If the test file has the correct results, you know the problem is in the Main datafile.
    • In the main datafile (always backup first) go to that account’s detail, deactivate Online Services and reactivate it, and do an update and see if that fixes the issue.
    (FYI, my Citi is EWC, Chase is DC). Hope one of these steps help you toward the right direction.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Robert2413
    Robert2413 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks to all who replied for the suggestions. I was able to convert all accounts at Chase and Citi to Direct Connect, and now the downloads work correctly.
This discussion has been closed.