transactions not downloading or importing

Is anyone else having problems I have problems getting transactions from Capital One into Quicken? I have two big problems.

1. Duplicate transactions in Quicken but not in cc account.
I saw that some of my CapOne transactions were duplicated in Quicken. They were not double-charged in my cc account; they were simply double-posted to my Quicken account. I deleted the date range of transactions that included these duplicates and tried to re-import (or download) that range from my cc into Quicken. The first time I tried it, only a few transactions made it. The second and third time I tried it, NO transactions imported/downloaded.

2. NO transactions are importing/downloading from CapOne into Quicken.

I am not having these problems with my checking account or another cc account.

If it's Capital One, is this an issue Quicken has to resolve with Capital One? Or is this an issue I have to bring to Capital One's attention?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dishcb

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

To confirm, are you updating the account by visiting the Capital One website and downloading a file of the transactions?

If so, are you using this method due to connectivity issues/ errors with the automatic download?

If you navigate to the Capital One account, do you have any filters set that could be "hiding" these transaction?

Does the register in question show anything different than what's shown above?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things to understand about transaction download:

1. A fundamental tool used by Quicken to control transaction download is the FITID. This is the unique Financial Institution Transaction ID assigned by the financial institution to individual transactions.

One can observe the FITID for transactions by enabling the FITID column in the account register.
    dishcb said:
    1. Duplicate transactions in Quicken but not in cc account.
    I saw that some of my CapOne transactions were duplicated in Quicken. 
    2. When duplicate transactions are observed following a transaction download, inspecting the FITID may reveal that the two transactions have different FITID values. This usually is the fault of the financial institution assigning two different values - although if the account Connection Type is Quicken Connect, there is the possibility that the Quicken Connect service itself may be the cause.
    dishcb said:
    I deleted the date range of transactions that included these duplicates and tried to re-import (or download) that range from my cc into Quicken. 
    3. When a transaction is downloaded, Quicken permanently remembers the FITID of that transaction - even when the transaction is subsequently deleted from the register. When transactions are downloaded in the future, Quicken compares those new transactions to the FITIDs of all previously downloaded transactions (including those deleted) - and rejects all matching - i. e., duplicate - transactions. 

So, by having deleted a date range of transactions, those transactions are gone for good, because Quicken sees them as duplicates of already downloaded transactions - even though the original downloaded transactions are no longer in the register. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.