How to specify month for year to date budget?

When I go into my budget today (Oct 1st) it automatically shows me the YTD budget from January to October, but I want to see the YTD budget from January to September, not October.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @MonicaCM,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

The Year-to-Date Total in your Budget defaults to today's date and currently there's no way to customize from January to a specific date prior to today's date.

Another option you do have to bring up this specific transaction information would be to run a Transactions by Category Report and customize the YTD form January 1st to September 30th.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns
    Best,
    JV
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    when are we going to get a year-to-date budget report? The only way I can do that is to export to Excel, remove future columns and then sum actual and budget for each month calculating the difference and color coding them. I agree this is a MAJOR FAILURE of the program and so easy an Mac quicken 2007.
    Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to temporarily change the date on your Mac back to Sept 30?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Another option you do have to bring up this specific transaction information would be to run a Transactions by Category Report and customize the YTD form January 1st to September 30th.
    @Quicken Julio But that doesn't address the issue: a comparison of actual to budget values. Yes, you can do a report of actual income/expenses through any date, such as September 30, there is no way to do the same with budgeted values.

As I noted above, this idea request has received a commitment to be implemented by the develolpers, but we currently have no idea when it will be delivered.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • newcastlelinda
    newcastlelinda Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with jacobs. I am very happy with the new feature to include Account Transfers in my budget. A BIG step forward for my usage. So now the ONE THING i feel is most lacking in the Budget module is selecting the 'as of' date. If that is 'too hard' then let us pick an 'as of' month and we could see the budget as of the end of a month. great for looking at the first 6 months of a year, or looking at the budget as of the end of the last month (this is what I always did in QMac2007). I suppose you-all at QMac might be getting tired of hearing about QMac2007; and we are tired of referring to it. We old users are still waiting for today's QMac to give us the info we used to have at our fingertips.
    Quicken Mac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1994
This discussion has been closed.