Easier way to enter multiple tags for same line of transaction?

Options
I occasionally need multiple tags for one line of a transaction (reflects source of payment, specialty area) but I *cannot* figure out how to enter multiple tags without mousing. A "tab" click after typing the first tag moves me to the next field--I want to stay in the tag column but add a different tag there before tabbing over to the next fields. I can tab to the next field, then click the mouse back to the tags column and enter the second tag that way, but itʻs slow and takes my hands off of the keyboard. There *must* be some way to do this so I can do it quickly...what is the secret, please???

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yup, there is a way. ;) I found the trick: after typing a few characters of the first tag, click the Right Arrow key to accept the tag and remain in the Tag field for entering another tag.

Alternatively, after you type a few characters of the tag, you can mouse click on it in the "Tags starting with" pop-up menu; this will enter the first tag and leave you in the Tag field able to enter more. But it uses a mouse click, which you didn't want.

The other key command to know is that Shift-Tab moves you back a field. So let's say you enter the first tag and press Tab by mistake or intentionally, and realize you need to add another tag. If you press Shift-Tab followed by Right Arrow, your cursor will move back to the Tag field and then past the first tag so you can enter another.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yup, there is a way. ;) I found the trick: after typing a few characters of the first tag, click the Right Arrow key to accept the tag and remain in the Tag field for entering another tag.

Alternatively, after you type a few characters of the tag, you can mouse click on it in the "Tags starting with" pop-up menu; this will enter the first tag and leave you in the Tag field able to enter more. But it uses a mouse click, which you didn't want.

The other key command to know is that Shift-Tab moves you back a field. So let's say you enter the first tag and press Tab by mistake or intentionally, and realize you need to add another tag. If you press Shift-Tab followed by Right Arrow, your cursor will move back to the Tag field and then past the first tag so you can enter another.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • TDaleMagalia
    TDaleMagalia Member ✭✭
    Options
    That is a *great* tip--thank you so very much for "keying" in (ha! a pun) to exactly what I was asking and giving me the answer I sought. This will help me for years to come. Thank you, jacobs!
This discussion has been closed.