How do you do a end of year reconciliation summary?

PyneFarms
PyneFarms Member ✭✭
edited October 2020 in Reports (Windows)
My accountant has asked for a end of year reconciliation summary. How do I do this within one year. I did one but it has the last years listed in it.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My accountant has asked for a end of year reconciliation summary."
    Exactly what do you mean by that?  What are you reconciling from and to? 
    Please add some more detail here because there's no one universal definition of "reconciliation" such that everybody knows exactly what you mean.
  • PyneFarms
    PyneFarms Member ✭✭
    I am wanting 2020, It only ask for one date. So I put today's date and it pulled up past years and this year. My accountant is wanting what was paid for and deposited each month and total transactions. My older Quicken versions use to ask after I reconcile the account if I wanted a reconciliation summary report but it has stopped doing that for some time.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I am wanting 2020, It only ask for one date."
    Do you mean that you want some kind of report that includes and/or shows all the transactions for the entire year?  Does this report include multiple Quicken Accounts or only one Account?  The latter, I assume since you refer to "My older Quicken versions use to ask after I reconcile the account if I wanted a reconciliation summary report but it has stopped doing that for some time."
    If the reconciliation summary report is really the report you want to see, then it appears to me that somewhere along the line, maybe by accident, you instructed Quicken to stop asking you if you wanted to print that report. 

To fix that click on Edit > Preferences... > Alerts & Messages > "Reset Quicken Warnings"
    However, the reconciliation report (I'm assuming we are talking about a bank account here), only asks for one date, that date being the "statement date" or "online balance" you're reconciling to, it doesn't ask for a beginning date.
    If you want a report of transactions for the period from 1/1/20 to "today" and that report is only to include one Quicken Account, then a Register Report, which you can get to by clicking the gear wheel in the upper right hand corner, might be more suitable.  You can specify beginning and ending dates and activity can be subtotaled by month.
This discussion has been closed.