Projected Balances: Still inaccurate

After learning that the projected balances are impacted by entries long since past in the "Manage Bills & Income" planning tool (thanks to this forum), I deleted all the offending bill reminders and entered new ones. I thought that fixed the problem, but not so....

The new "Quicken Bill Pay" does not allow reminders that have not yet downloaded from the biller yet to co-exist in the register. If I put in a manual entry, I get a double entry in the planning tool -- even if the Bll Pay bill is linked to the existing entry in the planning tool. What seems to happen is that amounts manually entered into the register show up as well as the downloaded information -- so "double entry" causes the balance to be out of sync.

Moreover, the biller doesn't seem to update the information that Quicken gets on anywhere near the same schedule as their direct communication to the user. For example, the bank sent me email today (10/9) about the balance due on 11/3. The Quicken balance in "Bills & Income" does not yet reflect this information and may not for another 2 weeks.

What I would like to do is update the information in Quicken when I receive it (manually) -- and then have Quicken Bill Pay simply update that existing information when they receive it. That way I could make adjustments in the balance of the connected checking account as soon as they become available and visible and plan ahead to move money around if I need to.

Has anyone figured out how to do this??

Paul

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @gpfox32

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community tor report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here it sounds like we're trying to link the quick pay and the bill reminder so that once the quick pay has been paid you're still able to get your projected balance amount to continue. 

One thing that we can attempt here then would be to link those reminders from the quick pay menu. If you go to the bills and income screen and to the right of the quick pay button there's a little dropdown arrow we'll click. From here you'll get a small menu with one of them being link to reminder. This should let you select a reminder which has been made or you can also make a new one to link. 

Once you get a chance could you try this out and let us know if that's able to get your projected balance looking better. If not let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gpfox32
    gpfox32 Member
    I've noticed since my last update that my Chase bill now basically multiplies the due balance by 3x. It doesn't show up in the amount due however the deduction from my linked checking shows the forecast amount as 3x the payment due. I've deleted and re added as well as linking the reminder to the online bill to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Gary
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @gpfox32

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community tor report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.