Memorized Entries

Circling back to this problem I had earlier this year. (I'm now at a new location). STILL can't get the memorized entries to work for me. Did all the steps that were provided in the earlier thread, all to no avail.

Best Answer

Answers

• KentB59
    KentB59 Member ✭✭
    I see that I have one checkbox that wasn't checked. "Memorized new payees" were left unchecked. Umm..

I have that checked in now and will see if it helps.

Thanks.
    ~K
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this explains your situation - you seem to suggest that at some time in the past that "memorize payees" box was checked - but for whatever reason updates of the program sometimes change your setting in the program, for no discernible.  This doesn't happen every time but it happens enough that complaints about this behavior occur regularly.
    In the future if you think something's changed in the program, that it's doing something that it didn't used to do or not doing something that it did do, looking around in Preferences sometimes unearths the problem.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @KentB59 Now that you've changed your setting to automatically memorize new payees, be aware that the ones you've been having problems with are still not on your MPL.

Those payees will be added to your list as new transactions are entered in the register. 

What I would suggest is that you go through your register and manually memorize those payees that are missing.

This way they will be properly categorized the next time they are entered in the register.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • KentB59
    KentB59 Member ✭✭
    @""Tom Young" Thank you! Certainly will keep this in mind.
    @Rich_M, will do!
    ~K
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @KentB59 Additionally, I recommend reviewing your MPL, looking for payees with multiple entries which may be incorrect or can be deleted.

If a payee is no longer being used, delete it. 

If this will involve extensive updates to your MPL, make sure you backup your data file first. 
  • KentB59
    KentB59 Member ✭✭
    I don't have an extensive list of memorized payees. I don't see any multiple entries for the same payee. I tend to have recurring payees. ~K
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @KentB59 Great! ... hope this discussion regarding memorized payees helps you iron out all of your issues.  :)