New restriction as of release r29.20 build 27.2.29.20

Options
Ben Klein
Ben Klein Member ✭✭✭
I have a memorized group that enters 2 transactions into an asset account. As of the latest update Q* no longer allows it. Get error 'There are no memorized payees selected for this group'.

[Removed-Rant/Off Topic]

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Ben Klein

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that this is happening since the latest update. If you wouldn't mind could you take a screenshot of the error and the memorized group. I'd like to see if I'm able to replicate the issue you're having. I'll leave an article on how to screenshot down below 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows|

Once you get a chance to upload the screenshots let us know and I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I appreciate your responses. First of all in may not be the latest update that caused the error. We get so many it is difficult to keep track of when things go wrong.

As for the error I received, it is correct. There is no transaction in the group with a payee.

There are the two transaction

The error message:
    'There are no memorized payees selected for this group'.

I was afraid the rest of my post (rant) would be deleted. I find the restriction that we must have a payee in a group unnecessary. As I said the transaction goes into a liability account (correction). No payee should be needed.

Hope this answers your question sufficiently. Tried to past a JPG of the error message but it won't let me. Already have one with the transaction.

This post was really intended for the Quicken design people.

Thank you for your help.
    Ben Klein
  • Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The 2 transactions
    I pay a fixed amount for my electric bill each month. The liability account simply keeps track of what I have overpaid or underpaid so far. One transaction is what I paid (the fixed amount) and the other is what my bill would have been if I was paying what I was actually charged for the month.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    The Help topic in Quicken indicates this feature is for recurring investment activities other than dividends and interest.  It also states a memorized payee is required for it to be used.

I don't think this feature has changed.  It's more likely that a memorized payee(s) you may have forgotten about was deleted.  There have been many reports that a recent update deleted the Memorized Payee List and/or rebuilt it.

For the use case you describe, a Bill & Income Reminder with Splits would be an equivalent alternative.

If a Quicken designer were to respond, they would likely indicate the feature is working as designed.  I suspect it is also a legacy feature that is not long for this world. 
  • Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Markus, you are correct. A memorized transaction was deleted. The group indications were also deleted. I just rebuild the transactions and rebuild the group. Now it works.

The error message was misleading. The problem the group had no transactions in it. The word that threw me off was 'Payee'

Looks like the issue is solved. Other than the error message.
This discussion has been closed.