Check Pay Verification: Broken?

Options
I went to pay a couple of bills that are due soon using "check pay". I paid both of these bills last month using "check pay" in a validated checking account. I was annoyed to find that I was unable to pay them (the add new biller option was greyed out).

Upon further investigation, I learned that the checking account that had been previously validated -- and was still validated for "quick pay" -- was no longer validated for "check pay". Moreover, I also learned that the validation process would likely take "1-2 days"! By that time, the bills due would be late and incur penalties.

I suspect this has to do with the "additional security" that was invoked by Quicken using another vendor to avoid using the stored "password vault" file on the PC. Clearly a warning should have been flagged for users that this would happen. I'm including this note in hopes of alerting others before they run into the same issue....

Paul
Tagged:

Comments

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with Check Pay yesterday! Why do they always say it's caused by me? Anyway, the validation deposits showed up early this morning already. Now back in business!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Step2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

This is typically caused by restoring a backup-- if you did not restore a back up recently, may I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit a report to help contribute to the research of this issue.

Please include the logs and sanitized data file if comfortable, this report will not receive a direct response but will give our teams more information to investigate this issue further.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Already fixed! Phone support said it was caused by an "Old" backup which was not something I did. I backup every couple of days. However, if restoring from any backup does this Quicken should fix the problem both in the software and with the tech support.
This discussion has been closed.