The transfer transaction is to an account that no longer exists in quicken.

Options
After downloading new transactions, I started reconciliation on a credit card account. The registry did not show the last payment and the balance was off by that amount. I went to the checking account registry and found an entry for that payment with the correct category for the credit card account. I made a minor change, hit save and received the above error message. I deleted the category entry, reentered the category by using the pull-down option, and still got the same error.

I manually entered the transaction into the Credit Card registry. It asked if it was the same transaction that was in the Checking Account registry. I said yes, and I could now transfer between those registries without errors and reconciliation with the external balance now works correctly.

Win10 - Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition 16.0.1 (48919)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @van_cleef

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~