Prior Day Stock Prices are not Updating for new purchases since I converted to Premier.

Since March, I have purchased two new stocks since I converted to Quicken Premier. The portfolio function is not showing the prior day stock prices on these two stocks. Thus, I have to manually go back to the stock to discover that days change. The portfolio is showing the correct price and showing the change in value in the cumulative gain or loss.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First things I would check -- Security List (Ctrl-Y) is the Download Quotes box checked for those two securities?  Do they have the right ticker symbol assigned? 

Are you asking for quotes to be downloaded (most likely through a one-step update process)?

Security Details / Update / Edit Price history -- Does the tabulation of the prices include the applicable dates?

FYI -- If you download quotes through Quicken's servers and sources on a less-frequent-than daily cycle, it should give you multiple days of quotes.  If you are only downloading prices through your brokerage connection to Quicken, you would only be getting one day's prices (yesterday's or today's depending on the specific timing).  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this problem with the Price Day Change column in an Investing Portfolio view?

If so, try changing the As of date to the previous day then back to today. Does the price change now show correctly?

There is a known problem where this column does not re-compute when it should.
    QWin Premier subscription