Duplicate Transactions

Options
Julian Smith
Julian Smith Member ✭✭
Quicken Premiere 2020 R29.22. Windows 10 latest update. For years I have used automatic recurring payments from Bank of America to pay bills etc. About 2 months ago, quicken began to download 2 transactions for each payment. In the check number column, one transaction shows the electronic check number but no downloaded ID. The other shows "Sent" in the check number column, and a downloaded ID. They don't always have the same transaction date. How can I prevent this?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Julian Smith

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community or report the issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

It sounds as though one transaction is from the recurring schedule in Quicken and then the payment is downloading once it has processed and cleared. 

How are transactions entered into your register? Are the transactions entered automatically or they first presented in the Downloaded Transactions Tab?

If you are using the Downloaded Transactions Tab, are you not presented with an option to match these 2 transactions?

If the transactions are not being reviewed before being entered into the register. I would consider changing the downloaded transaction preference, to see if that improves the ability to match the downloaded transactions to existing transactions in the register.

To learn more please, see the steps and information available here.

If this is not the case and the 2 transactions are the same transaction being downloaded, you will need to contact the financial institution directly.

The bank bill pays that you are using to create these transactions requires Direct Connect. This means that this is all occurring on the bank server and Quicken does not have access to this server to escalate or correct any issues of this nature.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Julian Smith

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community or report the issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

It sounds as though one transaction is from the recurring schedule in Quicken and then the payment is downloading once it has processed and cleared. 

How are transactions entered into your register? Are the transactions entered automatically or they first presented in the Downloaded Transactions Tab?

If you are using the Downloaded Transactions Tab, are you not presented with an option to match these 2 transactions?

If the transactions are not being reviewed before being entered into the register. I would consider changing the downloaded transaction preference, to see if that improves the ability to match the downloaded transactions to existing transactions in the register.

To learn more please, see the steps and information available here.

If this is not the case and the 2 transactions are the same transaction being downloaded, you will need to contact the financial institution directly.

The bank bill pays that you are using to create these transactions requires Direct Connect. This means that this is all occurring on the bank server and Quicken does not have access to this server to escalate or correct any issues of this nature.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.