Investment lots reappear in later months

In one month, the lots of a particular fund match the brokerage statement, but in the next month, older lots appear. There was one sale affecting the 6/19/13 and 7/30/19 lots which was correctly allocated to those lots, but at the end of March, the older lots reappeared. and the total shares don't match the totals of the lots.
Screenshot attached.
What the heck would cause that?
3444.jpg 228.5K

Best Answer

  • Klhansen
    Klhansen Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I went thru and verified all the transactions on that equity and didn't find any issues. I also validated the file, with no issues, but was afraid to do the rebuild investing lots, so didn't do that one.
    When I got back into the file today, (first noticed the glitch yesterday) it was still wonky. So I tried deleting and reentering the one transaction on that equity between 2/28 and 3/31. That seemed to fix things.

    Thanks for the response.

Answers

  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you review the transactions between 2/28/20 and 3/30/20.  A placeholder or an Added action transaction are the likely culprits.
  • Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

    [email protected]Klhansen

    Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with repeating lots.

    To resolve this issue first, save a backup. Then try FILE > FILE OPERATIONS > VALIDATE AND REPAIR > from the menu in the window that appears, choose the first two options VALIDATE FILE and REBUILD INVESTING LOTS.


    Please let us know if this corrected the issue.

    Thank you

    - Quicken Diana


  • Klhansen
    Klhansen Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I went thru and verified all the transactions on that equity and didn't find any issues. I also validated the file, with no issues, but was afraid to do the rebuild investing lots, so didn't do that one.
    When I got back into the file today, (first noticed the glitch yesterday) it was still wonky. So I tried deleting and reentering the one transaction on that equity between 2/28 and 3/31. That seemed to fix things.

    Thanks for the response.
This discussion has been closed.