Crashes on backup

Options
Backing up to thumb drive. Screen often goes black, sometimes Quicken crashes or I get message that backup not completed. When I try to backup the next day and plug in the thumb drive I get error message and the drive must be scanned, but Windows never finds an error.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @MH Goldberg

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Do you receive the error message when attempting to save a backup to the computer or anywhere other than the thumb drive?

Do you have a secondary thumb drive that you are able to attempt to store a backup to see if the issue persists?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MH Goldberg
    MH Goldberg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe subscription, version R29.22, build 27.1.29.22. I've only backed up to a thumb drive for years. In the last week I've used three drive as each (one brand new) had problems. WIndows Explorer can read the files on them, but wonder if I have a problem will Quicken be able to install the last backup. Performed a File>File Operations>Copy and ran Validate and Repair. Tonight the backup went smoothly.
    Do we get a three week extension on our subscriptions after your mutual fund update died for three weeks back in August/September?
This discussion has been closed.