Employee Contribution xfer from paycheck missing in 401k account register

Options
Quicken for Windows - subscription vR29.22
This problem occurred in May, tried to fix it then. Now I have time to research the problem.

An single employee contribution transfer from a recurring paycheck to a 401k account is missing in the 401k register. The account register shows the corresponding cash balance. The employer contribution transfer is there for that date/paycheck. Checked that all the entries in the specific paycheck entry are correct. Tried reentering the paycheck with no result. When I tried deleting that specific paycheck entry, the missing transfer moved to the previous paycheck entry/transfer. I think I tried this a couple of times and the missing transfer kept floating back in time. I tried searching for that specific dollar amount in all other accounts, its is simply missing. I later deleted the recurring paycheck and made a new one. Since then this problem has not reoccurred.

The paycheck direct deposit and 401k account transactions usually happen on the same day, and One Step Update usually clears these entries when I run it.

Quicken has updated several times since then. I tried validating the data file with no result. I have searched the community forum but found nothing specific to this issue.

I recently added a generic deposit for the missing amount in the 401k register, just to zero the cash balance. But the original employee contribution transfer amount is still floating around in space somewhere.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Cameraman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Cameraman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~